Thursday, October 28, 2010

One day...

So hello there. I missed you guys yesterday! For real! I was at home all morning and was going to write but then I realized that I left my computer power cord at work…fail. That wouldn’t be a problem for a normal computer BUT because mine is a PIECE it will not hold a charge at all. So I was all out of sorts. This has become so cathartic for me, and on top of that it is something that is really entertaining. I hope you think so too. I have so much fun writing to you!

So let me tell you a little bit about what has been going on. Well, Tuesday night (my first Tuesday night off in a month) we decided to take part in Taco Tuesday at The Whig…YUMMM! They have a $2 beer special and $0.50 tacos, oh yeah you heard me write, fifty cents tacos. Not only are they cheap THEY ARE DELICIOUS. Seriously my taste buds were going crazy. You can see them being made and you just know the ingredients are fresh.

I had my carpooling companion Kent drop me off at The Whig at 5ish, where I was panning to meet Toft, my ginger friend. Ginger is perfect for Toft because it is a match for his hair and his personality! Anywho, I arrive before T and grab a booth next to the wonderful Larry Hembree. Larry recently reviewed Reasons to be Pretty at Trustus and loved it…YAY! We chatted about the show, my life and the Nickelodeon Movie Theatre of which he is the executive director! He introduced me to Andy Smith festival director for the Indie Grits Film Fest. Soon after our who’s and ha’s Toft arrived and I switched gears.

Toft is a 2L at USC Law and is thinking of participating in the joint JD/MMC degree. Something that makes me salivate like those crazy dogs’s bell! See I graduated from the journalism school at Carolina with a BA in Public Relations. I graduated in ’07 and they were just in talks about the joint degree program. I have always thought of going to law school, I think in a lot of ways it would be a great journey for me. A true test and one I think I would be up to take. Being able to connect it with something I am so thoroughly interested in, mass communication, is just like icing on the cake. But these are just musings for now! We shall see…

Back to tacos. Toft’s beloved Caitlin joined us as well as EG, B and my girl Michelle. We had a couple of these before eating…
Photobucket
I have no idea what beer it is but it was pretty yummy and only $2.

I am usually not a beer drinker. I like wine and for a real night out it is liquor, but recently I have been enjoying the hopped up life. Ever since our trip to Asheville when I was introduced to their locally brewed White Zombie beer, I have found myself more inclined to the taste. This could be a good or baaaad thing!

After beers we saddled up to the bar for these scrumptious delights….
Photobucket
That would be 3 deluxe (beef and black bean) tacos that were so delectable I could have had a dozen more! I paired mine with some spicy salsa and a dollop of sour cream. I was about to devour my final taco when EG proclaimed how amazing the tacos were with BBQ sauce. Really, two things I absolutely adore do not always go together but hey I am trying new things these days…so I added a bit of the brown sauce and WHOA. Mind blown! You must try it!

To top it all off B treated each of us to one of these….
Photobucket
Chaco Taco anyone??? Oh baby it was good.

I think next time to keep and eye on my consumption I will have 1 beer, 3 tacos and no Chaco even though it was totally worth the calories. Next week we will be there again (I can see many more taco Tuesdays in my future) because Tuesday is Michelle’s Bday so we will do BIRTHDAY TACOS….YAYAYAYA! Best idea ever.

After all that we went back to EG’s house and watched the Rocky Horror Glee episode. Oh man I gotta start watching TV. See the thing is I am not really a big TV watcher at all. I like to watch TV in DVD but that is usually way after the fact. But I might have to stalk down the first season of Glee and lock myself in a room! Back to the show, I loved it! I stage managed Rocky at Trustus summer ’09 and it was the hardest thing I may have ever done. That show was cursed I tell you. It messed with my life on every level. It caused problems at my day job, in my relationship and just in general. I had nightmares about this show MONTHS after it happened. I would wake up in China and be terrified that I had to go back to that show again. Ugh. Overall some great things came out of that show and I was proud of the production but it was damned I tell you damned. So it was nice to watch Glee do such a stress free version of it for me to relax and enjoy.

Last night was very productive for me in that I finally figured out what I am going to be for Halloween. I will not tell you and it isn’t really anything super original but I think it is going to be cute. I will make sure to snap a picture or two!

So I have a feeling today is going to be a double posting kind of day, so I am going to go ahead and end it here….see you in a bit!

So what are YOU going to be for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment