Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Living this life is going to be the death of me...and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

It is going to rain today y’all. If the sky doesn’t actually produce any precipitation it is gloomy and gray enough to do so! Now I love the sun I really really do but sometimes I love a rainy day. Today it is totally fitting with how I feel! We did not get out of rehearsal until almost 1 a.m. which honestly is frustrating because we all have other jobs. I don’t think that the director necessarily thinks about that, I get that he wants to get done what needs to get done but he also doesn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn like everyone else, so a midnight+ rehearsal doesn’t effect him as much. Now for only having 4-5 hours of sleep I am feeling pretty darn perky. That might be because I am just generally a morning person. I love the beginning of a day, the routine of it all. It might also be because I am carpooling with such a good friend, who is funny even at 7:40 a.m., that it is lifting my spirits a bit (The 2+ cups of coffee help too ;)

Today will be very hectic. I am not sure how I am going to get from job 1 to job 2 and it is a bit stressful. I haven’t found the inbound bus stop near my office yet. I need to get out and look for it but again, it might rain, and it would totally start raining the SECOND I set out on foot. I will figure something out though. I rely a lot on other people and I try my best to let them know how appreciative I am of their help and I know it has got to be a bit frustrating carting me around all over the place. I hope they know that if the tables were turned I would hands-down help them anyway I could!

Tonight is going to be Media Appreciation night at the theatre. It is our first night with an audience and I am nervous and excited! The show has the potential to be really great….we have some obstacles to overcome but I have the faith. There is nothing like live theatre. All the emotions, ah it is hard to explain but last night was a challenge; we were given new set pieces and prop changes and addition my crew basically got set-bombed last night and it was stressful. We are stretching ourselves thin but I know that this is going to be the best (smallest) crew I have had and we will rock it out like a crew has never rocked out a production!!! It is an all girl crew to, we are throwing down!

So I didn’t get to take too many pictures yesterday although I should have because my friend Lydia and I did some good walking around 5 points. So I will have to revisit all the places I went yesterday and take some pics and tell you about all the goodies we saw! I did take this picture at CKTS the other day which I think is great! It is a motto I hope we can all think about when we are out and about on our holiday shopping excursions!
Photobucket
Shop Proud Shop Columbia! We have so many great small business stores around town and I think we should give them our business before going to the big brand name stores, the mega marts and such, don’t get me wrong Wal-mart saved my butt in China but if I can find something from locally owned store I will try!

So I babysat my favorites yesterday and took this adorable picture of Ayla
PhotobucketI am letting Lydia take over a bit on the babysitting because I just don’t have the time, and let me tell you I am torn up over it. I usually babysit little little kids but working with these kids, 9 and 6 years-old, I can have adventures play make believe, talk about our lives and tell each other stories about our day! They definitely will be a part of my life as long as I am in Columbia!

I have already started to think about needing another job. As soon as the show closes next month I will need something to fill my nights! I am going to try a low-key bartending job. My friend Rach said that she would totally go to a bar just to hang out and talk to me so I could see myself doing that. I don’t think with an 8 a.m. job, that I would be able to tend at a place that has late-night ragers (maybe every now and again could be fun) so maybe I can find somewhere that is a good fit….any ideas?

Well that is all I got right now folks. I am running on pure love of life at this point. Although last night was rough and I didn’t get enough sleep and I don’t have a break in sight I am still so jazzed to be a part of everything I have in my life right now! Theatre always, jobs- bring ‘em on, I will take from my day every ounce that I can.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment