Friday, October 22, 2010

???!...!!

Hey hey hey! If you ever actually here me say that in person it is a hey hey hey in a little singsong. Today is Friday (like you weren't aware of that already). Oh Glory I had the morning off today, fabulous, and so I let myself indulge in an extra glass of wine last night. I have a friend who lives in another city and we stay in contact primarily through text and the occasional phone call. Well after a couple of glasses of wine he got himself a phone call last night! Ha! It wasn't a drunken dial per se because I wasn't drunk but I was tipsy so I wonder what that is called a tips dial perhaps?! I will have to say it was not the best message I have ever left. I am pretty proud of my voicemail ability. It is pretty unique but last night was very much the equivalent of "I carried a watermelon???!!!" from the classic scene in Dirty Dancing! Love that movie and if I actually watched TV I would watch Jennifer Grey on DWTS and vote for her a thousand times over! Anywho, after my failed attempts (lowers head in mock shame) I headed off to bed. We had a wonderful night at the theatre with our Family night preview audience. We ironed out all of the technical snafus from Wednesday night and shaved a total of about 20 minutes off of the show just by adjusting the pace. Good job actors, they are really blowing my mind!

I want to tell you a little bit about Family Night. I don't know the exact details but what I do know it this. Trustus has always been a forward thinking kind of theatre so when they opened up their doors in the 80's they want to make sure that everyone and I mean EVERYONE knew that when they came to see a show they would be appreciate for who they are and welcomed with open arms. This was a time where being openly gay, especially in South Carolina, wasn't necessarily something you were able to take out in the streets. I mean of course there were couple who were out there pushing the envelope but they knew that they were not welcomed every where. Well Trustus would have none of that. So they decided to start FN. It is the night before opening night of every show where GLT&B were welcomed to come and watch the show and in return were asked to give their honest critics of the show! They have become invaluable to our process at the theatre. They will tell us where things were great and are willing to say "I didn't like this or this could be fixed!" Now that it is more acceptable (encouraged) for same gender couples to go out and about on the town it still gives me chills to think that Jim and Kay were a foundation stepping stone to help with equality in Columbia. I am glad to see how far we have come but we sure haven't made it yet. Here's hoping! So let me give you a little visual of these greats...
Photobucket
Jim and Kay Thigpen, Co-Founders of Trustus Theater

They were going to a black tie gala last night hosted by The Cultural Council". Kay was honored for a grant she wrote. I would honor them with something everyday if I could. I have been so involved with Trustus for years now that I really think of them as parents, and for that I am so thankful! Cheers!

Ok Ok, so yesterday I did not take nearly as many pictures as I should have! I tell you I was in a mood. I was being Sassypants McGee. Sometimes everyone needs a little sass in their life. But at work I was introduced to this little treat
Photobucket
It is chocolate that is good for you?! I was skeptical. It doesn't taste like regular chocolate but it is definitely an appealing taste. You can find out more about them here.
I will definitely keep these in rotation! Something else delicious that I tried recently and am absolutely koo-koo for now is Greek yogurt! After picking it out of the fridge at work, I compared the back label to that of Activa and the Chobani just kicked the other yogurts butt in so many different areas, I went to my desk and promptly looked it up on the Interweb. My search led me to one of my new favorite sites Fit Sugar. They gave me a break down on the Greek Yogurt goods then I perused the site a little longer and knew that I had just stumbled upon a helpful tip for my up and coming goal of EGandSMB for a better life! This kid is pumped.

Our show opens tonight...WOOT....and so Monday starts our new and improved work out regime thanks to the classes I love at Golds. I used to go to the gym all the time before China and even while I was in China. Although I love taking classes and in China I wasn't really able to because of the language barrier (to read more about my China gym life check THIS out)! So I am really looking forward to the burn again, the burn of kicking my butt into shape. I tell you 28 has not been so good to my backside, well come to think about it to any of my sides. So with my new found Maddie based inspiration and with my best friend by my side we are going to start our own conversion! Hetero-Life-Mates for a longer, Lovelier Life!

Anywho I am off to finish my laundry read a bit in my book (ah bless) and head down to CKTS then off to the theatre for OPENING NIGHT!!! Love the butterflies when I think about it! I am still feeling a bit off center so I am not sure if I will be hitting the town for celebration after or heading home to cozy up with some delightful dullness! We shall see what may come of the night!

Oh and random fact of the day, I LOVE socks. All colors and sizes. Some of my favorites included a pair that I was given by my ex (and dear friend) Adam. They are thick white cozy socks, but another favorite pair would be these
Photobucket
"Given" to me by EG, they are a staple in my Fall/Winter wear! I have them on my tosies today because the hard wood is chilly and well it is much easier to slide around while dancing (which I will promptly do after posting this). So I hope you get the chance to enjoy a comfy pair of socks and/or dance/sliding around your home at some point today. (Hey doesn't have to be home I do it at the office alllll the time that might sound bad out of context!!)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment