Thursday, October 21, 2010

Confection Confession....

Thursday, woooooooo! My little show of appreciation for one of the best days of the week (I would actually say that about all of the days but shhhh don’t tell Thursday).I have a little present for you today!
Photobucket

So I think I told you that I am carpooling to work which is such a delight, but it puts me at work a full hour before the office opens. They entrusted me with a key and I am afforded an hour to get all my Interneting out of the way….except when I show up and the Internet is down….boooooo. It is OK though I will start this little ditty of in Word and transfer it over later. I am seriously considering retaking a computer class because I am really enjoying this blog-venture and want to make it as exciting for you as it is for me! So I will keep you posted, or maybe one day you will load the page and just be BLOWN away by the awesomeness of it all!

Well last night was our first audience for Reasons to be Pretty (great date-night show!!!) and we had some technical snafus but we powered through. I have no idea what the audience thought of it because by the end of the night I had exhausted all energy and emotion and was like poorly drawn cartoon. I felt like someone took me and made a copy from a copy from a copy and that Sumner was trying to run the show. Needless to say by the time I got home I was ready to crawl in bed and sleep like I had never slept before! When EG dropped me off I passed by my parents and they were sitting around in their Japanese kimonos and were knee deep in delightful martini talk! I ended up having a very nice conversation with them. They told me about the exciting holiday plans they have for the family and I tell you Christmas never looked so good! I just hope the E&T will join us because it wouldn’t be a Christmas for me without my bro and his wife. (Speaking of bros I really need to get up to NY to see my oldest brother who lives up there with his feisty wife and 2 great kids who are just growing up too fast!)

I woke up this a.m. with the worst headache. It lasted through my shower and getting ready process. I mean I did have one (two) small glass of wine after the show but that should not have been the cause. Can’t be because I am dehydrated because I literally drink a gallon of water a day!
Photobucket
That is yesterday’s and today’s bottle with my handy dandy Big Blue Cup (the BBC) which helps me not have to drink directly from the jug because I would totally pour it all over myself #coordinated! I know plastic is bad and I usually have a reusable bottle that I refill but this week has been so crazy and because I am such a transient individual I never know when I will be near a water source so I have opted for the big guy to get me through my day. That will all change because I have my sights set on a water bottle at Sid and Nancy (my favorite freaking store EVA holla C,S&R). So come Monday I will be toating around a cute “ironic” bottle (picture guaranteed)!

So after taking some Excedrin (life enhancing pills of joy!) and getting some coffee I am ready to take on whatever you got to throw at me life. Which ummm seems to take the form of a desk full ‘o files, I will conquer you pesky stacks I will!

So yesterday I had a bit of free time (I know right) and spent some of that time reading the Free Times (how convenient) but also wandering around a couple of great places in 5 points. I went into Tic Toc Candy Shop on Santee St. which is where the lollipop picture came from and they also have these tasty treats…
Photobucket
Mmmm M&Ms in every color….
Photobucket
Jelly Belly, the autumn mix is supposed to be an absolute delight!


After loading up a bit on taffy and other sugary confections I stepped next door to my favorite hiding spot:
Photobucket
Dr. Books The 5 Points Book Shop. This place is great. It is wall to wall with old and new, out of print and all sorts of specialty collections like this area dedicated to my passion…
Photobucket
Oh theatre. I tell you might heart beats a little harder when I see bound Shakespeare plays. What is your favorite Shakespeare play? I have sooo many I’ll tell you sometime over a glass of red wine in a dimly lit bar!

Here are some of the treasures I found…
Photobucket
This is from the section entitled Books about Books LOVE IT.
Photobucket
If only I could read French!
Photobucket
Fake cat/weird book combo!
Photobucket
REAL CAT!!!!!!!

After leaving the bookstore with a guarantee to be back soon, I headed across to Delany’s because it was past my lunch time and I wanted some good grub. What better on the chilly damp Wednesday that a cup of chili and grilled cheese. BAM, it hit the spot. That fueled me for a nice afternoon in the toy shop before heading to the theatre for the aforementioned preview audience show. I was really nervous y’all. I won’t be anymore but it was kind of funny!

After leaving the theatre I had a little crisis of confidence and ended up talking to EG a little bit about some of the insecurities I am having in my life right now! Everyone has them, including this look on the bright side sparkles and sunshine girl. Even though overall I am so happy with who I am and the path I am on in life I have my weak points. I am growing up and adjusting to a completely different time and place in life. This is the time where peer groups start veering off in all sorts of direction. Growing up you are all basically doing the same things, go to school go to school go to school. Then get a job get a job get a job. Now all sorts of other aspects are being equated. Buy a house buy a car get married have kids pay off loans take grown up vacations. See your parents retire. It is a truly fascinating time in my life, but sometimes I just get overwhelmed and last night was one of them. There is an aspect about me that I feel has changed, I worked hard to make changes in my life and I succeeded but I lost one thing that I didn’t want to change. I just need to take some time and find it again. Going forward with my life I need to work on finding a balance between the happiness from where I am now and the happiness from before my personal revolution. I tell you what, I am not one to talk about what I don’t have but women need women, more specifically women need mothers and although I have a the support of some fabulous women around me I don’t have the pleasure of talking to my mom.

She passed away a few years ago due to a diabetic induced heart attack (click here to find out about heart problems in women). There really isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about her and how much I miss her, she was truly my best friend. But I learned so much from her life and her death and am so thankful to have to ability to see life and death with such a perspective.

Anywho, I am needing to tackle this stack of files and refill my travel coffee cup
Photobucket
(I wish it was bigger…thatswhatshesaid)

I hope this is a truly thankful Thursday for you and I will be back tomorrow, a little late because I AM TOTALLY GOING TO SLEEP IN (and by that I mean I am not getting out of bed until at least 9 a.m.!!! I am such a rebel)


So thanks for reading along and I will “talk” to you soon and here have a gum ball on me!
Photobucket

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. i thought i posted this comment... talk about needing computer classes ;) anyways: i totally hear you on the growing up stuff- and to top it off we've gotta deal with the UNIQUE state of the world at the moment. but you're right, we gotta keep looking on the bright side and remember that stuff's gonna happen the way it's supposed to happen WHEN it's supposed to happen. hello new candy shop in 5 points? go on witcher badass water jug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo homey, i wanna hear more about the xmas plans. do they include coming to boston?

    ReplyDelete