Monday, October 18, 2010

Oy with the Poodles Already!

Well well well what do we have here? A little Monday morning in my life again. I almost can't believe it has been a whole week since I was talking about how Monday's have such a bad reputation! I still think so, because I mean every day is just another day, it is what we make of it that is the important part. I am going to try and make the best out of this Monday even though I kind of feel like this...
Photobucket
\Take from that what you will.

I have had such a busy existence since last Monday that I feel like could have lived a thousand lives. It is because I haven't had time to recharge my batteries yet. I have been going going going and feel like I am a phone that is trying to run full power on a little tiny bar. My phone will light up and tell you that it has 20% power left. I kind of fell like that. I am running on 20% and if I don't get plugged in soon than it is going to be GAME OVER. But having said all that I will still give 100% in all my daily efforts. It will all calm down as soon as RtbPretty opens on Friday. Right now we are just running ourselves ragged trying to get everything accomplished so that we can deliver a stellar theatrical production to the City of Columbia starting Friday Oct. 22. SHAMLESS PLUG ALERT.

Hmm so let's see if I can recount the weekend and find anything in there that I might have missed that I can use going forward in my day to day. Friday was all day at the toy store which is great but I am having a little trouble committing my mind and energy to the store. By 4 o'clock the monotony of standing around has drained me of my exuberance and I will feel so drained that I have to go sit down in the back for a mini break. We don't get lunch breaks really so it is OK that I take little breaks during the day! I must say that my favorite part of working at CKTS is that it is on Saluda Street in 5 Points. This is like coming home for me. When I walk down that street I see so many interesting and familiar faces that I feel connected. It is a little community of people who work on Saluda St. If some creepo walks into the store and makes me feel nervous all I have to do is call one of the other stores and they will send someone down to stand with me. It may be unnecessary but it is comforting to know, we all have each others backs! I would throw down for my Saluda St. bros if you know what I am saying!

Anywho after leaving the store at 6:30 I can only imagine that I was picked up by EG and we went to rehearsal. I don't really have any recollection of this but I am thinking that is what happened (it all tends to blur when you aren't getting enough time to process and calculate). We swung past my brother and his wife's house (2 of my favorite people on this planet) to feed and water the dogs. E&T live in what I like to refer to as a "Grown up House." It is absolutely gorgeous, they have made for themselves a lovely life and that thrills me to no end. They are great people who do good on a daily basis so they deserve to have something they love and appreciate to come home to, and for them it is each other, their dogs and their home (and a little bit the Gamecocks)!

After taking care of the doggy dogs we headed to the theatre where we devoured our Mucho Margarita taco salads and geared up for a "run through" HaHa that was a good one. This is a relationshipy, literaryish, dialogue laden show and it has definitely been somewhat of a process getting to where we should be BUT WE ARE GETTING THERE!!! I am sure we got out of rehearsal some time near midnight. I was dropped off at E&T's to sleep for the night. It was rather chilly in their house because all the windows were open (yay) but the temp had significantly dropped. I remedied this by pulling a sleeping bag out of the closet and snuggling under and heading off to dreamland. Although, I doubt I dreamt at all!

Pets are an amazing thing! I woke up Saturday morning bright and early. Had some lovey dovey time with my niece and nephew dogs Freddie and Lucy then got ready for work. It may have been the loveliest morning yet this autumnal season. I took to the streets, well the sidewalk really, and hoofed it to work. Stopped by Starbucks to get myself some coffee (I just couldn't find the coffee maker at my bros house). Arrived to work on time then BAM it was go time for the rest of the day. That is how I like it man, we were dolling out the toy shop goods like we were hiding the Golden Ticket. I was surprised that the day crept by, usually when I am busy it is like I get on a rocket ship of time and all of a sudden my day is over. I am pretty sure it was slow moving because I was so excited about the events that were to come that night! (Football and Chili cook-off 2.0)

I know I have told you about 2 very important groups in my life, the ADG which is my very close nit group of friends (YOU KNOW HOW WE DO) and then of course Gamecock nation. Saturday night was going to be a mixture of the 2 and I couldn't have been more excited....well maybe if I had a few more hours of REM sleep I would be a little more excited (I kind of feel like I am having a partial out-of-body experience, consistently trippy). B. scooped me up and we headed over to the L's house for a chili cook-off and Gamecock football. I will just go ahead and say it...the Gamecocks lost. It was sad, I was torn down a bit but I am over it now. We can all learn from our mistakes in ever aspect of our lives and that INCLUDES athletes and coaches. Although it is so hard to be a Gamecock sometimes but we press on.

Let me tell you about the chili though. My friends DO NOT play around. Well for one we are a very competitive group of individuals, sometimes it gets to be a bit much for me and I kind of feel like listening to all the statements being made with an underlying hostility (usually joking but you know what they say about jokes...partially true and all that)and it kind of makes me feel like a kid who's parents are arguing! Well my friends cooked up their A-GAME chili. We had white chili, homemade hush puppies; chipotle pumpkin and candied apple chili just to name a few. It was a delightful time for my belly. I tried them all and picked my favorites! We tallied up the votes at half-time and announced the winner....What do they win you may ask? Bragging rights, oh yeah! Probably the best award you can be given in our group of smack-talking friends. And this year it goes to TheL's for their Candy-apple chili that won for best heat, best topping (candied bacon!!!) and best overall.

After the spirit-crushing Gcock loss I headed home. I didn’t have to be at the theatre until 2p.m (WHAT A MORNING OFF NO WAY) so I stayed up a bit and played around on the computer, AND had a fantastic phone call with my DFDavid. He thought my fbook status LOVE HURTS was in reference to my actual love life, which is precious but a little naive in that I have no love life(and am OK with that ;) but in all actuality was in response to the football loss. I putted around the house showered, and I mean stood under the hot water till it started to run cool. My back has been a bed of knots and tension for almost 2 weeks now so I am doing everything I can to try and loosen the muscles, so I felt (somewhat) justified in wasting a bit of water. It was a true treasure of the night, to just be able to hang out with myself and collect my thoughts although I didn't do much after collecting them so I am still a little spaced out.

I didn't sleep as well as I wanted so I got up early and went for a walk in the crisp morning air, then camped out on the couch and watched/napped to a Sandra Bullock heart-wrentcher hope floats. I am a bit over emotional sometimes (ALL THE TIME) and have a tendency to cry when anything sentimental comes on TV especially in a movie. For some reason getting lost in the characters of a movie will evoke my feelings faster than anything else. I think it is because it is safe to cry at movies. You are crying for other people and other situations, I am more likely to hold back my own tears for my own life situations and then unleash them in a furry the second some movie character brings them up again!

Well I am sure I could write a novel about all that, and hey maybe I will some day! BUT I am about to be late. I need to get the rest of my day going. Job 1/Job 2/Job 3...do it all again tomorrow!

Hey thanks for reading along! I hope that this day you can think about how you cry. Do you have any specific water work triggers? EG cries when she laughs which is a beautiful thing...what about you?


Xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment