Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am back baby!!!

Whoa I know it has been quite a while since our last chat but man I have been busy. Not only have I been busy but I have been kind of out of sorts lately too. I think it is because I haven’t had the time to just sit and think. I love to just sit in my room on my bed and listen to music and think about things. I have not been able to do that for quite awhile so I feel a bit scattered. AND I was literally scattered.

So I told you last week that I did something exciting but I couldn’t talk about it yet, not to be so cryptic but I moved into a new apartment and started moving stuff in a tad bit earlier than the 1st and didn’t want my landlord to ask for more money. I mean I work a lot but it is all at part time wage so….you know!

Anywho, I have never been so excited (and if you haven’t figured it out yet I over use this statement…a lot) about moving into a new place. I have moved in with my long-time friend Abbie J. She is super laid back and has a great dog named Ben! I was able to get all of my stuff out of storage, big props to E&T for letting me use their garage while I was in the big C. One thing that has returned since my big move is THIS…
Photobucket
YES, no more little pod coffee. It isn’t all the way back to my delicious French Press coffee process but we will get there. This is also the return of my pre-China favorite coffee cup curtousie of MRB!!

But in close competition with coffee is my art collection that is now unpacked, I haven’t been able to hang any of it yet, lacking proper utensils, but soon. Once I get them all in place I am going to take pictures and post them for you to see. I have some great stuff by great people. I think I will include my tattoos in that post too!

So last night, after the busiest few days ever, I was able to come home and just be. It feels so good to be on my own again. Not that I am not 100% thankful to have been able to stay at my parents house for that short stint (longest amount of time ever) but we have a better relationship when I am out and about and doing my own thing. Last night I was able to buy some groceries and go home to a room that smells like me, sit on my bed, do my laundry, cook my dinner and all the while I am in the presence of one of my best friends! Awesome! After laundry and dinner Abbie and I settled down to watch a flick…after pursuing through our library of movie selections Abbie reveled that she had never seen one of the best, most classic movies EVER…
Photobucket
RIGHT!!!!

A movie that has two of my favorite quotes delivered by the dashing Clark Gable/Rhett Butler:

“You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
And

“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.”

BRILLIANCE!!!

OK so that was my last night. My come down from a long weekend. Let me tell you a bit about all that. So Friday night I had a show…OBVIOUSLY! After that I went home, I know I know it is the Friday before When, but I just couldn’t do it! I knew I was going out Saturday night and more importantly I had to work all day at the toy store on Sat. day. Let’s put this in perspective…the day before Halloween at a toy shop…oh yeah pandemonium. Not just that but 5 points has a trick or treat fest for kids, so I needed to be on my game. So I went home Fri. night and played around with ideas for my face paint to go with my Peacock costume! SUCCESS!

Saturday started early with some breakfast and then getting CKTS ready for Halloween in 5 points…I of course needed to have a costume on but my peacock was prime time only so I color coordinated with some stuff that we sell at the shop and VIOLA:
Photobucket
Fairy Princess Time!!!

It was perfect too because I was the one who gave out the candy to the kids and so I was like the candy fairy Godmother. It was such a delight seeing all the children dressed up. Like this little angel:
Photobucket
It really doesn’t get much cuter than that!

OK here are some of the downer moments of the afternoon. First off I saw so many of the same costumes it was saddening. I mean let’s spark some creativity parents. I know it is tough to find the time to make stuff when you have kids but what a great opportunity to spend quality time with your kids than designing and orchestrating a Halloween costume?! Secondly, I gave away over 300 pieces of candy in the first 30 minutes and that was given 1 piece to 1 kid. After that I started to recognize repeat offenders WITH THEIR PARENTS. They were going around then going back to their cars dumping their stash and going for seconds…COME ON! And there were a lot of parents with their own bags for candy. REALY??? I was miffed but what can you do at that point, I was not about to incite a riot by say no candy for you! That about covers it.

So after that I dewinged myself and headed over to Trustus, where I happily surprised with a large crowd on the books for the night. We had 61 reservations which is the largest yet! Bring it on folks; let’s try to break that number! The show went well but I have to admit I was a little tuned out during Act II because I was using that time to put on my face paint. Don’t worry no cues were harmed in the application of this face paint! I had some before and after shots of the face but think they were accidentally erased. EG and I finished up the show then quickly changed into our costumes and headed home to pick up B. He and EG were unicorns…EG bright and sparkly, B. black emo-corn! LOVE it. Here is a pic before we headed to the PARTY:
Photobucket
WOOT!

So we went to the party. It was nice but we arrived a bit late and everyone was kind of game over. I did have some funny conversations though, and overall it was a good time. Sometimes I set my expectations for fun too high and they are easily let down. But I need to be thankful for the excitement that WAS had. I mean just wearing face paint is excitement in my book!

I spent all Sunday morning in bed. I wasn’t feeling ill from alcohol just tired and a bit run down. I think I need to stretch more, or so says my friend Rach. It will help me keep my muscles limber and not so easily tired. After I got up guess what I did, bet you will never guess…I went to Trustus. Gah I know you are shocked. We had a Sunday matinee which happened. I am sure it was fine, I am comfortable enough now with my cues that I can do some extracurricular reading whilst in the booth. Oh so you want to know what it looks like from my booth:
Photobucket
Here it is. This is a pretty crap picture but as you can see that is my cue sheet to the left. I try to have the script down well enough that I don’t actually need it by the time we open the show and I can just feel my way through it with my cue sheet. That is the light board, unseen to the right is the light board monitor and to the left is the computer I run the sound from, yes for this show I am running lights and sound…ninja. The audience is below me in the dark and that is the stage in all its glory!

So as if we had not had enough theatre this weekend EG and I decided to go see The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. A production I was in for 5 years running. It is at an out door amphitheatre which is an absolutely enchanting place to work. It is right on the river so the view at night is marvelous. The show is great for kids and a good laugh and there were moments where I found myself wishing I was down there dancing and Pshawing away. Here is a poorly snapped pic:
Photobucket
It was actual Halloween night so I thought it was a great way to spend the evening. It was chilly but they had yummy warm apple cider for a treat at intermission. We were outnumbered by couples and I was thankful to have a good couple of girlfriends to go with me. No date nights on this girls calendar as of yet!

So now that I have delighted you with my busy weekend and told you about my wonderfully stress-free Monday I need to get you all up-to-date on my Tuesday, TODAY, ELECTION DAY!!!
Photobucket
The smiley face in the bottom right hand corner is my own personal handiwork!!!

Well needless to say I voted as early as possible. My dad picked me up at 7:20 and we went to our precinct. There was a bit of a line but I will count that as a good thing. Midterm elections don’t bring ‘em out in hordes but it should! There was a woman standing outside the voting stating talking about some of the questions that were on the ballot this time around; about our penny tax increase. She is for the increase and was doing some polite encouraging. Now someone inside the station apparently not happy about this and reported her to the official inside. He grabbed his rule book and headed outside.
Photobucket
I had already voted and was waiting for my dad when all this was going down. I talked to her a bit and she said she had spoken to the election commission and they informed her that she was allowed to be within 200 feet as long as she was not carrying a sign and especially because she was not promoting a candidate. Well the official wasn’t sure of that and was trying to find out…we all know that you have to be 200 feet away from a voting station with any signage or candidate promotion. She was kind of special I thought and whether you vote for the penny increase or not I still think she deserves a little kudos for getting up early and standing out in the chilly air for something she believes!! Well done you, well done. If anyone knows whether or not she was allowed to stay let me know!

Well that about does it for today. Tonight is another yummy night of Taco Tuesday and we will be celebrating some fabulous birthdays Shout out to Michelle and Toft!

I will give you cupcake details tomorrow!

And hey on this election Tuesday I Voted:
Photobucket
How about you???

xoxox

1 comment: