Monday, November 22, 2010

Good Day Friends!!!

I am on my lunch break right now so this is going to have to be a pretty quick post...hahaha. Right. If I can get writing I am not going to stop myself. I would rather stay a little bit late at work to be able to finish my post. So what's been going on in your world? Not much or tons of stuff? For me it is a bit of both.

I want to start us out on a pleasant note so let me show you a picture I took yesterday.
We had an early afternoon rehearsal for Sealed for Freshness, and as I was walking into the building I saw this lovely picture...ah if I were to own a home I would have this painted on my bathroom ceiling! 

OK so let's back up a bit. I went to see the midnight Harry Potter showing last Thursday night/Friday morning...loved it, can't wait for the next one. Proceeded to be a lazy bum and sit around all day Friday just watching HP movies in reverse chronological order. It was nice, well except for the fact that my roommate and I don't have a couch so I had to spend the entire time on the floor...which I am generally OK with especially because it is a carpeted floor! I motivated myself to get up and ready to go meet with EG, B and MRJ. We had dinner at Hunter Gatherer. It was delicious and the place was packed so it is indeed a hot spot for a Friday night! Might be the whole they brew their own beer thing...too bad I am not a big beer drinker. After dinner we went to Workshop Theatre to see their production of A Few Good Men. It was well done. I mean there are always things that could be better in almost every show so of course it was by no means perfect but they did a great job with a hard script. Aaron Sorkin who is one of my favorite writers wrote the show as a stage play but looking back he must have had screen play aspirations in mind when he was pounding it out because it just screams film. Anywho it was nice...we had post-show drinks at Goatfeathers and I was home and in bed pretty early.

Why call it a night so early on Friday...well because my brother asked me to be a volunteer for the annual Shandon Turkey Trot. I may have mentioned it before. It was a lot of fun. I got up early and treated myself to some Starbucks coffee and went to my post. I was on the corner of Duncan and Holly. I just had to make sure that no cars tried to drive over any runners. I tell you what it was a total inspiration watching those runners out there doing their thing. It was chilly and early but they were there running it out. It really made me want to get out there and do it too! I just might. There were kids out there with their parents and I really cannot think of a better way to spend time with your kids then partaking in a community event like this one! You get involved and you are teaching them about health and fitness two of the most important things we can teach our kids.

After the last runner finished I headed over to my parent's house because my step-sister was in town with my two nephews. One of which I had not seen since my return from China. He is 11 now and it is absolutely amazing to see how much he has grown and changed...and matured. That boy is a rock. He has a great head on his shoulders...the term "well adjusted" pops into my head! My other nephew is 5. He is a nut case in the most brilliant of ways. He would own the show Kids Say the Darndest Things. He is constantly entertaining us with some funny story or joke...I mean he is five but he can get us rolling. He says things like "WHAT THE.." and "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.." adorable.

Well they were in town because we were all heading to Charleston for a celebration. OK follow along while I spell this out. My step-mom Anne's older brother Allen and his wife Sharon were celebrating their 50 wedding anniversary. 50 YEARS!!! Crazy talk!!! Anyway, Anne and Allen put together a surprise party getting a lot of the family together without Sharon knowing. It was held in Charleston, SC (one of the most interesting and beautiful cities in the world) at the Confederate Widows and Orphans home. They have a connection to this place but the details are a but fuzzy...I think someone told me while I was carrying boxes and trays into the room to set up...this place was absolutely majestic. It had a lush garden court yard area  and it had an old charm of hard wood floors giant spiraling staircases...and it is located right on Broad St. one of the oldest streets in the city. I snapped this picture as we were carrying in decorations at dusk:
That is a beautiful church that was right down the road and a Palmetto tree, many of which line the street. I love this town. I would love to go down there for a weekend and just walk around. There is so much to see, so much history and quirky little corners. You should definitely treat yourself to a trip there! The party was lovely and Sharon was surprised, but before you know it the weekend was over and I was on my way back to Columbia. I rode down and back with my dad, which was nice because I was able to ask him a whole host of questions.

The show I am doing (see above ;) is set in 1968 and my character would have been around 25-30 years old which is the same age range of my dad at that time! So I picked his brain a bit. Music, mindset, lifestyle...just some preliminary research. My father is a wealth of knowledge about so much stuff. I just love picking his brain!

After we returned to Columbia I went to the gym for some BodyFlow action, which I love. It is a mixture of yoga and taichi. I need that so much. I love the way stretching feels. But it hasn't done too much to help the piercing pain I feel in my back...constantly, like the muscles in between my shoulder blades are on fire. Not sure what to do about it, but something must be done!!

After the gym I rehearsed and went home to watch the AMAs which was fun. I haven;t seen an awards show in forever so it was entertaining. I loved some more than others but was just excited to see some fancy foot work and magical production. I would love to run a show like that, by run I mean stage manage! #Aspiration

Not it is Monday. I actually made it up this a.m. and went to the gym now I am plowing through my day. I am going to rehearse tonight then go grab a drink with a friend, JH. He is down from the District and I look forward to his entertaining with.

Other than that I am just making it through the week until...THANKSGIVING! I have so much to be thankful for...so I know you will get an ear/eye full of that on Thursday...unless I am in a food coma and it gets posted on Friday...

Well I look forward to talking with you again soon!

xoxox

PS a guy just walked by my office with some amazing cologne. The odor is splendiferous. I tell you what men's cologne can really get me. #blush

No comments:

Post a Comment