Thursday, November 18, 2010

This is where the title goes!

Sometimes I look at the clock at 8:20 a.m. and think gah I'm ready for a nap! Well I have been awake for 3 hours and so it is kind of warranted. Even though in the 3 hours that I have been awake have not been very strenuous. I woke up, cooked a couple of eggs played on the net, showered and came to work...but man I am exhausted :)! So I am borrowing my friend K's car while he and his wife go to the beach for a week for the Tday holiday! It is going to be pretty exciting, going wherever I want whenever I want...I mean I get around (haha) enough to get things done but now with a car I can do things like spend an hour walking down the grocery aisles or strolling through 5 points. It is at my leisure. I would really love to live in a place where I could have that kind of autonomy naturally. In Columbia you need a car for life. It is like having a part time job when you don't have a car...I have to plan around rides and I know it frustrates people and I hate that, but it is a necessity. I can't afford a car. period. I mean buying a car, car insurance, gas...whoa it kind of makes my head hurt. AND when I have a car I spend more money. If I can't really get around I can't really by stuff. I am not an online shopper so I have to get there to buy. Which I am a bit nervous about having the car for a week but it actually doesn't matter...you have to have money to spend it and I sure don't have it!

Some say money can but happiness some say it can't...I believe both...I mean I don't have any money, honestly I am not just saying that I don't, and I am happy. I love fashion and clothes and shoes and things of that nature and I used to spend tons of money on it...all the time. But I can't do that now. You see I broke that habit cold turkey while I was in China. I mean I am a foot taller and twice as big as most of my Chinese female counterparts. So there is no market for big girls in China, so there was no product. I mean I could find the random shirt/sweater/shoe but it wasn't often. So that helped to break my clothes shopping habit. Also, you know not being able to speak the language was a bit of a deal breaker too...! So it used to be a new dress would bring me joy and it still does but I realize it isn't a need. I can be fine wearing the same clothes I always wear. I used to say that clothing is an extension of my personality, and since I am always changing so must my wardrobe. Well my clothes still express "me" but it is being able to find new ways to work what I already have creating a more accurate parallel!

On my list of things to do now that I have borrowed car...go to a place that serves coffee and read a book...if I was in China I wouldn't even think twice I would go to the Starbucks by the Bell Tower
and get a venti coffee and a blueberry scone and sit in a cozy chair for hours...and I mean hours. Whether I was with David or Kara we would write and read and research and enjoy the company and the familiar surroundings of the American company! But the Starbucks in Columbia are not set up for that kind of lounging. They want you in and out so they can turn that profit. I haven't found one yet that I would feel comfortable just hunkering down and reading! And since Adriana's (best Cola coffee shop ever) closed while I was in China, I feel like I have no where to go...help!!! Suggestions???

Well hopefully I will find somewhere...other plans include but are not limited to going to Big Lots just because...I have a couple of things I need and I have a list so that I can't over do it!!! I will most likely go back here:

The Asian market that my friend K found on his bit about town the other day!! See Kent lived in Japan before I lived in China so we have sort of an Asian connection. This place has a mixture of Korean, Japanese and Chinese products. I am pretty sure the family that owns it is Cantonese, from the Hong Kong-ish region of China. Meaning they are Chinese and speak the Chinese language but it is the Cantonese subset...like Mandarin is the primary language spoken in the large country, also Mandarin is the little bit of Chinese I learned, so unfortunately I won't be able to practice my mad skills with the family....but being able to walk into the store and for a brief moment reexpreience my life in the East is a little treasure in this town!

Tonight at Midnight I am going to see the Harry Potter movie. Ummm PUMPED. I have read all the books twice, I love them and think not only are they great stories but they are literary, layered and well written. I have seen all the movies and wasn't really happy with the last one but in general I wasn't really happy in life at that time...I was kind of a hater! So anywho I will be there tonight...and am thoroughly excited. I am sad that EG and B aren't coming...but they have grown up stuff to do tomorrow!

Other than that I am not really sure what I will do with all my spare time this weekend. I need to hang my art...can't believe I haven't done that...OH wait, duuuh! I am doing exciting things this weekend. On Saturday morning I am going to stand on a corner and make sure runners don't get hit by cars while they are partaking in the Shandon Turkey Trot!! After that I am going somewhere to do something but I just remembered that it is a surprise so I should not say...I mean I doubt that it will make a difference to you guys so if you read this don't get too excited!!! Well get excited about life, anytime!!!

Here is a picture of some of the delights from rehearsal the other night:
The script on the left. The wine on the right, where I like it...and a little tiny Delicious cupcake made by a fellow cast member. She said that she didn't mean for the icing on the tiny cake to match the script but I think she really did...and kudos for her!! It was Dewey our director's birthday...we don't usually drink at rehearsals...usually!

Last image for you...

FUN WITH MIRRORS!!!! There is a mirror on our side deck, great for getting natural light when you need to do things like pluck your eyebrows or check your makeup line...or just stand there and take pictures of yourself...whatevs.

Have a wonderful Thursday my dears and I will be talking to you!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment