Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Little bit of this and A LOT of that...

Hello there! So I woke up early this morning to get a head start on my writing because it has been a while since my last post...well my not so fantastic computer had other ideas about how it wanted to spend it's morning. Updating itself, slowly so so slow! It is quite frustrating but I can't get too mad I mean hey I have a computer. However, if I want to continue to up my regular writings I am going to need a new piece of equipment. I am going to hope and wish upon every star that I get one for Christmas because honestly I cannot afford one. I live meagerly, I make little and spend little and I am not in debt so I am lucky!

Well let's talk about things that have happened recently! My show at Trustus closed which is very sad indeed. The time spent with that cast and crew was some of the best. I have to send out big props to my friend Trey Hobbs who proposed to his girl friend this past Sunday. He told us about it during rehearsals so it was really nice to have that come to fruition while he was still in my daily! You see when you do a show with a group of people you create a bond. You really do, whether good or bad you bind yourself to these people for however long the process. There are always promises to keep in touch and for a reunion but that usually doesn't happen. I mean you become facebook friends you keep in touch by liking statuses and stalking pictures but you lose that closeness! There are many people that I have done shows with that I became super close to and now they are barely in my periphery! But that is kind of how life goes in general.

I have always been one of those people who has my set of constants, those close friends who know EVERYTHING about me and who can be counted on for anything. Then the rest of my world is filled with an ebb and flow of personalities. I love to give and get from each person that becomes a part of my life, and although people are in no way disposable you can get to a point with a person where you have gathered all you can and you move on. Hopefully there is no resentment and it isn't seen as an abandoning but an opening of other avenues. Does all that make sense? there have been many a friend that I will spend endless amounts of time with then one day it just kind of tapers off. Not so much as I get older but definitely in my youth! I will always count those dear souls as friends and am glad to have had them, they for sure left an imprint on me and an experience was gained. Oh dear how I digress!

Saturday was a relaxing, much needed, girl infusion with my friend April. She is part of the ADG and one of my best friends. She and I started off our day at The Gourmet Shop which has the most delicious EVERYTHING but they are famous for their chicken salad. It is so good I debated on capitalizing it like a proper noun! But I have to admit this was the main reason we were there:
Photobucket
It is the Mimosa Kit and it is only $11. That is totally BA!! After this delight April and I made our rounds around town different stores with different needs. One of our stops was Pier 1, oh I could spend hours in that store. I spent the majority of my money split between Target and The Dollar Tree...hey that is how I roll!

OK I know this:
Photobucket
is TOTALLY random, but on Friday B and I had a totally random run in with each other and sat outside Sbucks sipping coffee and enjoying the beautiful weather and relaxing conversation. As we were sitting down I noticed this little guy just chillin'. I have no idea who put him there or what he is there for but he is brilliant! HIGH FIVE!

So back to the Saturday happenings, show closed and GAMECOCKS WON!!! Hell yeah y'all! We beat Florida to take SEC EAST and will play Auburn in the SEC Championship game. I am so happy for my team. It has been a roller coaster ride in college football this year. It seems like every weekend something crazy is happening to the stats. I like it like that, it shouldn't always be predictable. You need a good season like this to shake things up.

Sunday was a day of Trustus gatherings. Although you would think that now that my show is over that my time at the theatre would decrease exponentially, and it will, but not on STRIKE day. The Sunday following the close of any show is strike and company meeting. Strike is what you do to tear down the set. It is bizarre walking into the theatre and seeing the stage that held so much creativity so many funny moments and tearful endings is being ripped to shreds! It is what has to happen though, I am sure I could tie this into my life somehow. Like actors and theatre people love new beginnings, love to create new things, they use each show to gain something to acquire experience and skill. Kind of like what I do in life. Hmmm, interesting.

So we proceed to tear down the set and clean up the theatre. Wiping down vacuuming up chatting enjoying the company. Then around noon everyone gets lunch. I walked across the parking lot to Publix, for the 3rd time that morning, to get lunch. It was yummy as always, thank you Publix Deli! Then we sit around and have company meeting. We talk about what is going on at the theatre, all the good and A LOT of the bad (money problems always) then we find out what is going on with everyone, how are the upcoming shows going, who is doing what around town. It is an opportunity to share what you need and hopefully to get support from a family type of grouping! Then we post-mortem the show that just closed. It was really great this time, everyone really seemed to enjoy the show! I kind of felt like some people were holding back because they didn't want to be negative which you know what every now and again just keeping it on the bright side can be a good thing. We tell people that we want to hear the things they didn't like as well as the things they did, which I understand we need the criticism to grow...BUT sometimes it is just nice to enjoy something and keep your dislikes to yourself.

My Trustus day is not over yet! Kay and Jim Thigpen co-founders of Trustus decided that they needed to throw a company party, and that they did. We drove out to their home out off Clemson Rd. and had hot dogs hamburgers yummy dips and delightful conversations. It was really nice. I spent most of the night in a big comfy recliner by the fire! It was so nice! People kept giving me a hard time about not moving from the chair but hello it was comfortable and it is in the living room so the conversation was constant, changing and entertaining. AND I had Becky's artichoke dip near by!! We called it a night pretty early, around 9 p.m., I mean it is Sunday night people don't really want to throw down on a Sunday night, especially when you have been up all day working, and you are coming off an intensely draining but fantastic show! I slept soundly that night!

My Monday was good! It consisted of a lot of this:
Photobucket
PAPERCLIPS!! I know not as exciting as you would think but hey I like to mix it up!! Let me tell you some of those paper clips have sparkles on them! But to go along with these paper clips would be tons of paper cuts...it is like a paper cut party on my hands. Which reminds me of a story my high school biology teacher told me about a guy who had a paper cut that was infected and he didn't treat it and they had to amputate his hand...good grief. I carried neosporen around for years. (and I know exactly where it is located at my office!)I love my job. It isn't too challenging just some of your typical administrative stuff but the company I work for does so much good on a daily basis that just being a part of that is truly inspiring!

The rest of my Monday was spent with fabulous friends at Village Idiot for $1 slice night! It was deliscious!

Tonight I will make my way to TACO TUESDAY at The Whig, shocker, then on to my 2nd dialect rehearsal for Freshness. It is our director Dewey Scott-Wiley's biday today so we shall have ourselves an extra special good time!!!!

Have a happy Tuesday out there folks!


1 comment:

  1. I love you, Sumner! And since I'm new to this whole commenting thing, I'm not sure where I post my name. So this could be preeeetty creepy. But it's me. Your Columbia pal circa 2008. Courtney. Titus. AND you need to schedule a visit to DC stat.

    ReplyDelete