Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just keep asking!

"There are possibilities of me falling out of my chair today." Is the status I posted on fbook this morning for good reason. silly tired with a side of hangover. But I had possibly the best long weekend I have had in recent memory! The sisterly love I have for my best friend was on highest levels on the love-o-meter this weekend as she walked down the aisle as possibly the most bride ever! Seriously, ever. :)

Well beautiful she is, she is also kind and hardworking and really one of those people who doesn't speak poorly of others! In the past 6 months she not only planned a stunning wedding but she completely revamped her life by going through a nutritional and strength training program geared at turning your life upside down! Well she didn't just do it she done did it! The girl has never looked better! I have been in the same program for about 6 weeks and I can already see an incredible change taking place. It is hard work though, for that I can attest. How she planned a wedding and changed the very core of a lifestyle shows me that nothing is impossible! I am proud and inspired!

On to the topic of inspiration, TEDxColumbiaSC 2.0 was yesterday!

I was thinking back on some of the amazing talks I heard and I think one of the most underrated talk, just because he went first and it was a long day so he was less likely to be mentioned, was a young man by the name of Chase Mi-something or other. I am terrible with names! He is a student at the University of South Carolina who asked a simple question "Where does all that uneaten food go?" The difference with Chase is he kept asking the question until he found the answer he wanted! Well it took a bit more than asking questions but the head strong student broke down the barriers of "No we can't" to "Yes we can" and now instead of being thrown away, the left over food is donated!

If more times in our lives we could remember to keep asking the question because eventually we will find the right answer and the right person will be right along side you!

Then the volunteers and organizers went to celebrate at Gervais and Vine where one will always be over served and under fed, but that is the night that magic sometimes happens!




No comments:

Post a Comment