Friday, July 15, 2016

MY favorites!

When we were kids people always asked us what our favorite things are, or simply as kids we talked constantly about our favs. I made a new friendship recently and one of the things we were doing to get to know each other is talk about our favorite things. It is interesting how fluid favorite things can be, colors, songs, movies...all that can change. However, so many things are constant, the feeling I have when I stand in front of the ocean for the first time each new summer. The vastness of it all, the insignificance of the minutia in our lives. The terror of the unknown, and the trust we have with life and the universe to deliver us where we need to be. Now you may be thinking that is a lot to get from just looking at a body of water, but this is something that progresses every year of my life! I was in Mexico and stood in front of the caribbean sea, and it is the most beautiful ocean arguably in the world, but that is not my favorite. Next week I will be in Litchfield staring at the brown cold Atlantic ocean, and that is my favorite. It is the sea I grew up with, the strong pull and influence in my life. When I go to the west coast the pull of the ocean just feels wrong, backwards. I am an east coast girl, for life!

I have 3 new favorties and wanted to share them here:

1. TV Show: ROADIES!!!
If you don't have showtime, go on Amazon Prime and buy the season pass to this show. I was an Almost Famous ADDICT! I watched that movie constantly and lived and breathed the soundtrack. This show is that kind of Cameron Crowe writing, great music, the tour bus, but in the best way possible, because it is the story of the stage crew. The people that make every show possible. As a technical theatre person, who spent the past 22 years of her life being the crew, managing the crew, and directing the crew, this show speaks to my soul. One summer I was hired a couple of times to help tear down concert stages in Charlotte, it was the most fun. One of the crew members for Kid Rock saw me carrying some heavy rigging and said that he wasn't used to seeing girls do the work, usually they wee just hanging around trying to meet the band...and without stopping I looked at him and said "I'm not that kind of girl".
2: Jewelry: Mango Women's Rigid Bracelet Set 
Just ordered these from Amazon. I have an Amazon problem. I also have a shopping problem. I actually said that I am not allowed to buy any clothes in July. So good so far...bc apparently I just buy jewelry instead. I love a bangle though and this set is stretchy, but doesn't pinch. I am going to wear them tonight to see American Idiot at Trustus Theatre for the 2nd time bc this is a 2 time show...for sure. Anyway, check out these bracelets in the link above! I am not being paid for this, just sharing!
3: Soma Sustainable Carafe because WATER!!
I also have a water problem, well it probably isn't a problem bc you are suppose to drink a lot of water. I am obsessed with water. I have a large brita that I keep out because normally I just drink room temp water, but it is the summer...in South Carolina and I live in a tiny old house that heats up like a dry sauna. In the afternoons it is usual for my house to be 80 degrees which is better than outside but when you work from home, it is distracting! So when I saw the Soma I got excited bc it would fit in my fridge and not take up a lot of room, which is another issue. I have a really weird fridge, older model that was not designed well, spatially. Anywho, this filter fits, and keeps my water super cold and refreshing. I have used it for 2 days and am in LOVE! The water tastes better than the brita too. Drink two of these a day and you are well passed what you need on a daily basis!
Ok that's all for now, although I also rewatched the movie SNATCH recently and you should too, Guy Ritchie doing what Guy Ritchie does best...also Brad Pitt "Do you like DEGS?"

Also the song "Needed Me" by Rhianna..."Didn't they tell you I was a savage" yesssss!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment