Monday, August 24, 2015

Stay Golden, Lydia!

You know sometimes you want to celebrate one of your friends for just being so special and when you hangout with that person you are just so thankful for that friendship?

Let's chat about my friend Lydia! I mentioned Lydia in my last post as bieng someone who has always motivated me to be active and healthy! I'll give you an example of Lydia's dedication to an active lifestyle...

Two and a half years ago Lydia gave birth to a beautiful baby named Lucy. She had an at home birth complete with a water tub and a doula. Here is a pic of Lydia and Lucy


They're adorable, right? Well just a month after her mother-nature-goddess-natural birth Lydia decided she was ready to start running again. So she signed up for the St. Patrick's 5k. Now I bet there are plenty of women who do that sort of thing, birth babies and run 3 miles the next day, but Lydia just stands out in my mind for her dedication and enthusiasm! I ran that race too, and I struggled having NOT just given birth to a 9lbs girl.

Lydia is also my friend that has run a half marathon, and grows her own vegetables. She goes to the gym anywhere from 4-7 days a week. So in short Lydia works full-time at a job, works as a wife and a mother, and still doesn't make excuses to eat right and exercise regularly.

She is an inspiration to me.

One of the main things that is so lovely about Lydia is that she doesn't ever judge you, or make you feel less than for not working out as much as she does. Lydia met me at my house this morning and we jogged about 2 miles. She never moaned when I needed to walk a block and she didn't groan when I said 2 miles was all I could do. The whole time she said you got this girl, you'll get there!

She is happy to help out a friend, she always has a kind word to say, and she will always help you set a good pace, in running and in life.

So thanks for being such a special friend in my life Lydia! Let's jog again soon!


2 comments:

  1. You are too sweet, Sumner! Thank you. I feel the struggle to be motivated sometimes, and it means a lot to me that I can motivate you. It's a two way street, you know? You motivate me to get up and run. I love having someone to be accountable to, and I'll always be here for you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete