Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sh*t in my boyfriend's studio...

So here is the thing, after a long and tumultuous 7 months of an on-again-off-again dating scheme the guy in my life FINALLY realized how incredibly awesome, and humble, I am and that he would be a total idiot to let me slip away. Me being the hard-headed romantic held on for the ride and glad I did so, well for now anyway (I kid I kid). We are argumentative but interesting, frustrating but passionate, and we both fancy the arts. He works at Tapp's Art Center, and moonlights as a gardener (ummm hot) and has a studio at Tapp's AC, which is a total plus because it gets all the weird stuff (I almost said crap but somehow as soon as he picks it up it is elevated from crap to stuff) he collects out of his house and into a studio. He has more freedom for creativity and I have more freedom to move everything in his house around into a more suitable atmosphere. He smiles and nods and moves heavy stuff and dreads the day that my two cats (the most precious Prince Ranger and Miss Liza) descend upon his previous cat-free territory! Well relationships are about sacrifice right, or was that compromise? Whatevs. Don't be a dick, THAT is how you do it in a relationship. BE generous, DON'T BE a dick. Back to the point, we have been working at his studio, I say we loosely, turning old coin parking meters into works of art to be auctioned off this evening at Change for Change event at 701. Mine is profound, but not very artsy, his is super artsy and would look great adorning an eclectic yard (he doesn't know it but he is totally going to have to recreate for his yard, again I say his loosely) OMG I digress, so last night while he was doing the dirty spray-painting part, I was in heels duh, I walked around his studio and took some pics of the umm stuff that has been assembled and I imagine with which he holds meaningful conversations about life, his aspirations and feelings, when no one is looking. Sidenote who remembers that kids TV show that took place in a mall after dark when all the mannequins came to life? I mean materialism propaganda at such a young age amirightguys? Right so let's get to the main event:

I may or may not have placed the sign at her HEART of course!
I am really interested in the tiny Buddha!

Do not chew on this.

Cause you just never know?

Yep just a couple lady Liberties.

Nesting.


Oh how did that close up of me get in here*

I played with both of these things, but they are more fun together!

Multiply this body part by like 20 and you are close to the bodiless limbs lying around (<-- when consonance and alliteration play nicely)

He said we could give one to the foster kid I sponsored for Christmas, right if we want to give him tetanus (not sure if you can actually get tetanus but if not why do we have to get that awful shot?)

THAT is what I got in like the 5 minutes before I got distracted by the pop music and the fact that he has an entire mirror wall, there may have been some interpretive dancing involved. There are no pictures of that, sad face for you.

* I put one of these (*) above because I have to give a mad shout-out to Molly Harrell who took this photo along with several others as part of a political art show that she and my bf put on at the fab studio/fashion frame store Frame of Mind (so clever)! BG, my bf, traded some art of his for this boarded pic of me making that American Flag fancy, I was flattered bc he didn't tell me :) Visual artists do that all the time, they trade their  awesome stuff for others awesome stuff...I am an actor I could trade you engaging conversation for some of your art...any takers, no? Worth a shot! OK back to the grind. P.S. I turned my desk into a standing desk, it is awesome! I will have to write about it...sometime! 

Happy Holidays! (<--- that is me including all race and religions, that is not me being a DICK. If you think I am being a dick for saying that then that is YOU being a DICK justsaying) 


No comments:

Post a Comment