Friday, January 7, 2011

Bye Bye My...

Well let's see, six years ago I liked a boy, that boy was in a band. I google'd said band and it led me to a Web site called Myspace. I had never heard of this site before, but was interested. I wanted to know more about this guy/band so I created a profile....and thus began my love affair with social media. I mean I ROCKED it on Myspace for a while. I had tons of friends and fun and took quizzes and posted bulletins EG and I checked our "stuff" we uploaded pics. I mean we had picture taking sessions just to put on Myspace, hey we were in our early 20s it was acceptable behavior back then...right??!!

It caused drama in relationships, I had to block more than one guy who insisted on sending me nude pictures REALLY guy, am I honestly going to be like ooh yeah I'm in love..NOOO!!!! But I have to say one of the good things that I started on the site was blogging. I would write randomly or post poems, articles and other stories that I have written.

So I have come to the conclusion that I need to cancel that account. I mean I never check it and the pictures, although super exciting, are unfortunately out of date and I don't want to be one of those women who posts pictures of herself from 5 years ago, because come on I look different now. I like the way I looked then and I like the way I look now, besides I'm not trying to front!

But there are some things from there that I don't want to lose in the cancellation. So I will post them here...on my somewhat more advanced "big girl blog" ha!

First my About Me. This was last edited while I was an in college maybe 4 years ago:

Let the woman you look upon be wise or vain, beautiful or homely, rich or poor, she has but one thing that she can give or refuse- her heart. Her beauty, her wit, her accomplishments, she may sell to you; but her love is the treasure without money and without price. She asks only in return that when you look upon her your eyes shall speak devotion; that when you address her your voice shall be gentle, loving, and kind...for, when misfortune and evil have defeated your greatest purposes, her love remains to console you." -Theodore Dreiser's Sister Carrie @--------^-----------

Yes I yell and I laugh and I love, but most of all I live. I want no one to settle for OK. Be great, be bad, get dirty, whatever you want just live life hard! My MO, learn from my mistakes, and ohh I have made some good ones. So I wish everyone a little insight into their own life, find your style and kick it! Wake up and pay attention and swim in all the ish. Take it live it love it...get CRAZY.

Ah bless that brings back memories!

Now I will go through and take my blog postings and post them on here...I imagine some will be pretty funny, while others are pretty (melo)dramatic!

So enjoy as I say farewell to an interesting part of my social existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment